Never leave open powder on the gun range table.
This shooter did and had quite a hot display for his carelessness.
Witness this muzzleloader fail that was certainly quite preventable.
No safety glasses was just the beginning of the safety violations this young shooter has in store. An open container of powder is just about to blow up in his face.
When this fella loaded up his black powder rifle he neglected to close the powder container. When the rifle fired, a single spark found that container and ignited the whole thing. That giant flash up caught the shooter full force as he dives for cover.
When I enjoy firing black powder front-stuffers after loading I set the closed container far away from the shooting area. Put that container on another bench or underneath the table closed of course always. Safety first and always wear safety glasses and hearing protection too.
Do you like articles about the outdoors? You can follow him @ericthewoodsman on Twitter, The Classic Woodsman on Facebook, and @theclassicwoodsman on Instagram, and The Classic Woodsman YouTube Channel. Visit The Classic Woodsman’s storefront on Amazon.