Bowhunters are in need of good gear.
Luckily for us Amazon.com has many great items just a computer click away.
Bowhunting season is now here. Many hunters might have found their old gear just didn’t stand up to the test of time since last season. Well Amazon has you covered. Here are my personal five picks of great useful gear bought right from your computer.
Summit Treestands Mini Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak
A quality climbing treestand is highly mobile and will pack back into places way out in the boonies. Switch trees on each hunt and never worry about treestand theft. Check out the great features:
- Close-front aluminum climbing stand
- Suspended foam-padded seas with backrest
- Weights 18lbs. and hold up to 300 lbs.
- 18 ”W x 12” D Seat Size, 20” W x 24.75” D Platform Size
- Includes Full Body Fall Arrest Harness System and all necessary hardware
- Aluminum 5-Channel Platform Frame with Dead Metal, Sound Deadening (SD) Technology
- Foam Seat with Backrest
- Four-Point FAS (harness) with safety strap and attached SRS strap
- Two Coated, Steel Climbing Cables
- Stand Weight: 18 pounds
SITKA Gear Fanatic Hoody
SITKA Gear is quality made clothing made for the hunt. It is not the cheap cotton hunting clothes from the big box retailers. It may not be cheap in price but it is certainly worth it. This is what the SITKA Gear Fanatic Hoody sports:
- FANATIC HOODY – We took the chassis of a traditional hooded sweatshirt and turned it into a stealth hunting apparatus. Available in sizes small, medium, large, x-large, 2x-large, and 3x-large. (Available Colors: Black, Elevated II, and Forest)
- ENHANCED CONCEALMENT – The hood is cut for maximal peripheral vision, and from within it you can deploy the built-in facemask to ensure you utilize every opportunity to improve your stealth in any condition.
- TEMPERATURE AND SCENT CONTROL – Body mapped grid and micro grid fleeces precisely regulate your temperature while keeping scent to a minimum with Polygiene Odor Control Technology.
- HANDS ARE HANDLED – The half-zip construction allows for a built in hand muff, which, together with the flip-over hand mitts in the sleeves, works to keep your fingers warm and dexterous.
ALPS OutdoorZ Dark Timber Day Pack
You need a sturdy pack to haul all your gear and of course snacks and drinks. ALPS OutdoorZ Dark Timber Day Pack is what I use for my deer hunting needs.
- Large front accessory and main pocket to keep your essentials organized and accessible
- Fully loaded with side mesh pockets, lower storage pocket and hydration pocket and port
- Side compression straps pull in pack’s weight, making heavy loads easier and more comfortable to carry
- Padded waist belt and shoulder straps with adjustable sternum straps for maximum comfort
- Weight: 2 lbs. 1 oz., Capacity: 37L/2,285 in³, Camo Pattern: Realtree Edge
Nikon 8252 ACULON A211 10-22×50 Zoom Binocular
When scanning the woodlands and fields for deer a smart hunter buys a good pair of light gathering binoculars. My favorite pair of Nikon binoculars continues year after year to prove its worth. Below are the specs for this great binocular pick:
- ACULON A211 10-22×50 Zoom binoculars are designed to be as light as possible along with excellent ergonomics.
- Easy-to-reach Fingertip Zoom Control Knob allows for quick and easy adjustment of the binoculars’ magnification from 10 up to 22-power.
- Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups allow for comfortable viewing during extended periods of use.Minimum Focus Distance 49.2 feet / 15 m
- Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses deliver a bright and clear image in most lighting conditions.
- A durable rubber-armored coating ensures a non-slip grip, even in wet conditions.
Buck Knives 119 Special Fixed Blade Knife with Leather Sheath
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE – 6″ Clip Point 420HC steel blade has excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance for lasting durability. The clip blade is good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- COMFORTABLE GRIP & BALANCE – Traditional black phenolic handle has palm swells for a comfortable grip. The aluminum pommel/guard provide the perfect combination of beauty and balance. Overall length 10-1/2″, Weighs 7.5 oz.
- AN AMERICAN ICON – Classic phenolic handle and aluminum pommel/guard provide a perfect combination of beauty and balance. One of Buck’s top selling knives, the 119 Special is one that’s handed down from generation to generation
- CONVENIENT CARRY- Includes a genuine high quality protective leather sheath with snap fastener. The integrated belt loop allows you to carry the knife securely and safely on your belt
- MADE IN THE USA – FOREVER WARRANTY – Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA.
Do you like articles about the outdoors? You can follow him @ericthewoodsman on Twitter, The Classic Woodsman on Facebook, and @theclassicwoodsman on Instagram.
The Classic Woodsman participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.