These are strange days we are living in.
Traveling to our favorite outdoors locations has been severely affected.
How has the Covid-19 outbreak impacted your outdoors pursuits and what can be done? Let’s head outdoors!
During these tough days of a pandemic we have never witnessed in our lifetimes the world has changed. Previously trips to the store, concerts and movies were all halted. Serious restrictions in many states have led to closing of stores and overall lock downs of how we do everything anymore. Sounds like a real good reason to be outside more right?
This brings us to what we are doing this spring and well into summer. Socializing is best done outdoors at a distance from each other. The term “social distancing” has become now a thing and the slogan of many addressing the virus spread. This Memorial Day weekend is a prime example of what is now a part of life even when we play.
Thermacell Mosquito Repellents did a survey found that almost 75% of the people surveyed will be spending more time outdoors. These trips might be closer to home but nonetheless outside. Other findings were:
- Since nationwide stay-at-home orders were implemented, Americans have been spending more time outdoors.
- While a quarter (25%) of respondents said they are spending the same amount of time outdoors, nearly half (48%) noted that they are spending more, or significantly more time outdoors.
- People are staying closer to home, and enjoying the outdoors in different ways.
- The most popular outdoor hangouts in order of response volume are private backyards, patios or decks, local public parks, or private balconies for apartment-dwellers.
- Americans are enjoying the outdoors (safely), but not mosquitos.
- When spending time outdoors in the summer, over a third (38%) of people said that mosquitos annoy them the most—followed by humidity (24%) and heat (16%). Over three quarters (77%) of respondents have had mosquitos interrupt an outdoor activity.
What does this have to do with Thermacell you might ask? Well it’s more about those biting hordes of blood thirsty mosquitoes. Yes folks they are hatching out of their larval stages now. They are out for blood and spread other diseases also. The foretold upcoming mosquito season is said to be a scary one this summer. Spray yourself down with stinky and possibly toxic repellents or use one of the well performing Thermacell products on the market.
Currently I am reviewing the Thermacell Patio Shield Metal Edition. The mosquitoes are just hatching out in Ohio so I am waiting on the massing mosquito attacks of the near future for a thorough test. Other Thermacell products I have reviewed have all worked as promised. It is always a treat to watch the Thermacell force field in action.
Have you found yourself and your family spending more time in the great outdoors? I figure this virus outbreak is just another good reason to lose myself in the wilds a little closer to home. Without any doubt my time afield in the buggy season is always made better by the incredible products made by Thermacell. Happy social distancing outside in the wilds and in your backyards. There is no reason to let the mosquitoes chase you out of the no stress zone. Get out there, have fun and stay safe.
Do you like articles about the outdoors? You can follow him @ericthewoodsman on Twitter, The Classic Woodsman on Facebook, and @theclassicwoodsman on Instagram. Visit the Classic Woodsman’s storefront on Amazon.